Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ebenezer Shrek?

Just when Shrek thought he could finally sit back, relax and enjoy his happily ever after with his new family, the most joyous of all holidays arrives. It's Christmas Eve and everyone is filled with holiday cheer -- except for Shrek. He isn't exactly the picture of yuletide joy, but for the sake of Fiona and the kids, he tries to get into the spirit of things as only an ogre can. Unfortunately, everyone seems to have their own ideas about what Christmas is all about, so when Donkey, Puss In Boots, Gingerbread Man and the whole gang try to join in on the fun, Shrek's plans for a cozy family celebration end up spiraling into one truly unforgettable Christmas.

Debuting this year is the latest in the Shrek franchise: Shrek the Halls. It’s a 30 minute Christmas special that stars the originally voices from the movies and almost everyone shows up from Shrek and Donkey to the Gingerbread Man. Unfortunately, that’s the best thing I can say about it. Even the soundtrack was a disappointment!

I never really got into the whole Shrek thing myself (I haven’t even seen the third one yet) but I did think the first one was pretty good. I really did try to enjoy Shrek the Halls but in my opinion, it was just too loud and too much chaos. It’s almost like Dreamworks said, “Slap Shrek into a Christmas special then terrorize and annoy him until almost the very end.”

Even though I didn’t care for it, I did like how it tried to come across as a nutty family
Christmas. Hopefully it will cause new (and better!) Christmas specials to be made and for that I’m grateful. If you’re still hankering for some green for the holidays, just stick with the Grinch. Now there’s a fellow that can make a mean Christmas special!

~ For more on Shrek the Halls there is of course the
Wikipedia entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog