Thursday, July 5, 2007

Always Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide

A timeless musical fantasy that has touched the hearts of millions throughout the world, "Pinocchio remains the most perfect animated feature Walt Disney produced" (Los Angeles Times). This legendary milstone won two Academy Awards, for Best Score and Best Song, "When You Wish Upon A Star," the all-time classic that echoes the universal theme of love, family and friendship.

While the kindly toymaker Geppetto sleeps, a blue fairy brings his beloved marionette Pinocchio to life, beginning a fantastic odyssey that will test the wooden puppet's bravery, loyalty and honesty-- virtues he must learn to become a real boy. Despite the warnings of his wise friend, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio befriends a variety of roguish characters, leading up to his climatic battle with Monstro the whale!

For over fifty years, this inspiring tale about the magical power of believing in your dreams has delighted generations. Now, the fully restored Pinocchio can be enjoyed forever in the heart of anyone who has ever wished upon a star.

Title: Pinocchio
Release: February 23, 1940
Genre: Animated- Family
MPAA Rating: G
Based On: Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
Writer: Ted Sears, Otto Englander, Webb Smith, William Cottrell, Jospeh Sabo, Erdman Penner, Aurelius Battaglia, & Bill Peet
Director: Walt Disney, Hamilton Luske, & Ben Sharpsteen
Music By: Leigh Harline & Ned Washington
Produced By: Walt Disney
Distributed By: RKO Pictures & Walt Disney Productions
Run Time: 88 minutes

Pinocchio was Walt Disney’s second animated film and to tell the truth, I think it’s one of the darkest Disney movies ever made. I know Monstro the whale scared me silly when I was little and I remember being very thankful I was a girl when I watched the little boys turn into donkeys! My favorite part of the whole movie is actually the same then as it is now: the clocks and music wind-ups. They are so intricate and real looking.

Out of all the Disney movies I’ve watched again and again over the years, I think Pinocchio is one of the ones I have seen the least of. It’s a superb film, I love the songs (who doesn’t?!), and Jiminy Cricket (voiced by the wonderful Cliff Edwards) is one of my favorite Disney characters but I’ve never actually cared for Pinocchio himself. He’s a good little character but I think all the other people around him are much more interesting! This is a great movie to share with your family… especially those little boys that are prone to telling tall tales.

~ I have only seen the VHS of Pinocchio. At the end was a “Making of Pinocchio” featurette which was interesting but not as informative as I would like. I’m really looking forward to the 2-disc DVD release expected out in 2008.

Find Pinocchio Online
Imdb.com
Wikipedia

Here are the Song Lyrics!

Trailer:


Give a Little Whistle Song:


Little Wooden Head Song:


Related Reviews
Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi
Walter Catlett- J. Worthington Foulfellow
Bringing Up Baby (1938)- Constable Slocum
Cliff Edwards- Jiminy Cricket
Fun and Fancy Free (1947)- Jiminy Cricket
Dumbo (1941)- Jim Crow
His Girl Friday (1940)- Endicott
Evelyn Venable- The Blue Fairy
The Little Colonel (1935)- Elizabeth Lloyd Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog