Wednesday, February 13, 2008

St. Patrick's Day in the Burg

Looking to get lucky?

Stephanie Plum is back between-the-numbers and she’s looking to get lucky in an Atlantic City hotel room, in a Winnebago, and with a brown-eyed stud who has stolen her heart.

Stephanie Plum has a way of attracting danger, lunatics, oddballs, bad luck ... and mystery men. And no one is more mysterious than the unmentionable Diesel. He’s back and hot on the trail of a little man in green pants who’s lost a giant bag of money. Problem is, the money isn’t exactly lost. Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur has found it, and like any good Jersey senior citizen, she’s hightailed it in a Winnebago to Atlantic City and hit the slots. With Lula and Connie in tow, Stephanie attempts to bring Grandma home, but the luck of the Irish is rubbing off on everyone: Lula’s found a job modeling plus-size lingerie. Connie’s found a guy. Diesel’s found Stephanie. And Stephanie has found herself in over her head with a caper involving thrice-stolen money, a racehorse, a car chase, and a bad case of hives.

Plum Lucky is an all-you-can-eat buffet of thrills, chills, shrimp cocktail, plus-size underwear, and scorching hot men. It’s a between-the-numbers treat no Evanovich fan will want to miss!


Title: Plum Lucky
Author: Janet Evanovich
Published: 2008
Publisher: St. Martin’s Press
Pages: 166
Genre: Mystery

Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series has become one of the most popular best-selling romance/mystery series ever and to keep everyone’s appetite whetted for the next book, Evanovich has created the Between-the-Numbers novella series (which actually only has the characters in common with the “real” series). In them Stephanie teams up with a mysterious (maybe even magical) man known as Diesel and helps him track down his skips which are usually “magical”... or at least they think they are which is the case with the guy in Plum Lucky. He thinks he’s a leprechaun who can talk to animals.

Stephanie Plum is a lucky, lucky girl! Morelli, Ranger, and even Diesel all have a thing for her but luckily for Morelli and Ranger, Diesel only pops in during the Between-the Novels series and (maybe because of Diesels' magic?) the main men only make very minor appearances although Ranger and Diesel seem to know one
another.

I always love any Plum book but Plum Lucky was a really good one. Between Grandma Mazur, Lula, and Snuggy I was laughing so hard it made me cry! One of my favorite parts (besides the horse being in her apartment) is when Stephanie found one of her skips in Atlantic City:

“Outta my way,” Lula said.
I rolled off, and Lula sat down hard on Major. Major let out a woof of air, farted, and went inert.
An old man looked down at Major. “He’s dead.”
Lula got off of Major, I attached the second cuff, and Major still didn’t move. We took a closer look.
“I might have seen him breathe just then,” Lula said.
“I got a defibrillator on my Rascal,” someone said. “You want to try to jump-start him?”
“I got oxygen,” someone else said.
Lula got her foot under Major and turned him over. His eyes were open. His lips pressed together.
“Christ,” Major said through clenched teeth.
“He’s just breathless,” Lula said. “I have that effect on men on account of I’m a supermodel.”

Since Plum Lucky has only recently come out there isn’t too much information available (at least none that I could find). However,
Wikipedia has information on Janet Evanovich as well as a complete bibliography of her works.

Between-the-Numbers Series:

  • Visions of Sugar Plums
  • Plum Lovin'
  • Plum Lucky

8 comments:

  1. I haven't cared for the in between books, I'm afraid. Part of it is because I just don't like the whole Diesel storyline. Does that make me a bad Plum fan? I had decided not to bother anymore with the in between books, but it's hard when Grandma Mazur is supposed to be a part of the big caper. I probably will read this one but will wait for the paperback version to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only on book three and I haven't read it yet. So I haven't had the time for the inbetween books...lol!

    I'll be slowing my reviewing for the promo companies in April, so maybe I can get back to reading books on my shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just book-talked my first Stephanie Plum book... with a 15-year-old heterosexual boy who LOVES THEM. I enjoy that these books have cross-marketing appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate- They're hilarious! And what boy doesn't want to be like Ranger, or Diesel for that matter?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read One for the Money a while ago and remember enjoying it, I need to get back into the Janet Evanovich books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I work at a library, would you believe I completely missed getting myself on the waiting list for this one? I'm hoping my copy will come in by St. Patrick's Day. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - I'm really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen. I'm here from weekly geeks and we have one review in common:

    Plum Luck

    I've linked yours, too!

    Thanks,
    ~Kristi (Passion for the Page)

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog