Friday, August 10, 2007

Ignore the Ugly Cover, This is a Great Series!

Being surrounded by all varieties of undead, changeling, and preternatural beings has gotten to be nothing out of the ordinary for Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse. Still, even she has her limits. Betrayed by her long time vampire love, Sookie must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life-the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn- but also contend with the long planned vampire summit in Rhodes.

The summit, which has attracted undead power players from all over central U.S., is sure to be a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans. And there are some vamps who would like to finish what nature started. With secret alliances and backroom deals the order of the day-and- night Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe...

Title: All Together Dead
Series: Sookie Stackhouse, Book 7
Published: May 1, 2007
Publisher: Ace
Pages: 336
Genre: Urban Fantasy- Mystery

All Together Dead is the seventh book in the brilliant Sookie Stackhouse series which just happens to be one of my favorites. I can’t figure out why I love this series so much. Sure the men are yummy and that’s usually a deciding factor but I genuinely like Sookie. She’s in my top five of favorite heroines and Eric makes it into my top five of vampires I really like. The only thing I can’t stand about the books is the cover art. In my humble opinion I think it’s hideous and detracts from the novel. If I hadn’t have had my first Sookie experience in the anthology Bite I wouldn’t have picked up the books on my own.

With as many vampire based books going around you would think it would be hard for Charlaine Harris to be original but all her stories are. The series is so creative, fun, and action packed that I usually read the book in a day then have to wait almost a whole year for another one. Ms. Harris and I definitely need to have a talk about that! I know she has four different ongoing series (Sookie Stackhouse, Lily Bard "Shakespeare", Aurora Teagarden, and Harper Connelly) but I honestly wouldn’t care if she dropped all the others if I could have more time in Sookie’s world! I’m so excited that it’s being made into a TV series called True Blood!

Sookie Stackhouse
1. Dead Until Dark (2001)
2. Living Dead in Dallas (2002)
3. Club Dead (2003)
4. Dead to the World (2004)
5. Dead as a Doornail (2005)
6. Definitely Dead (2006)
7. All Together Dead (2007)
8. From Dead to Worse (2008)
9. Dead and Gone (2009)
10. Dead in the Family (2010)

First Paragraph: The Shreveport vampire bar would be opening late tonight. I was running behind, and I'd automatically gone to the front door, the public door, only to be halted by a neatly lettered sign, red Gothic script on white cardboard: WE'LL BE READY TO GREET YOU WITH A BITE TONIGHT, AT EIGHT O'CLOCK. PLEASE EXCUSE OUR DELAYED OPENING. It was signed "The Staff of Fangtasia."

Find Charlaine Harris Online

Interview
Barnes and Noble: Meet the Writers (audio interview)

Source: Library Loan, hardcover

Charlaine Harris Interview:


Related Reviews:
Aurora Teagarden Series:
1. Real Murders (1989)
2. A Bone to Pick (1992)
3. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse (1994)
4. The Julius House (1995)

5. Dead Over Heels (1996)
6. A Fool and His Honey (1999)
7. Last Scene Alive (2002)
8. Poppy Done to Death (2003)


Harper Connelly Series:
1. Grave Sight (2005)
2. Grave Surprise (2006)
3. An Ice Cold Grave (2007)
4. Grave Secret (2009)

Anthologies:
Many Bloody Returns (2007)
Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (2008)

1 comment:

  1. This series is absolutely on my list of things to read. I just haven't got around to it. I may pull the trigger on the first one soon thanks to your review, thanks!

    Incidentally, I'm on the 4th book of a similar series with clever titles by Kim Harrison. The first book is Dead Witch Walking and the second is The Good, The Bad and the Undead. Harrison is about to release the 6th book. The main character is a bounty hunter/witch named Rachel Morgan whose partner is a full blooded vampire. Very cool, action packed series.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog