Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Beginning of the Rebellion

The rebellion begins! Lord Voldemort has returned, but the Ministry of Magic is doing everything it can to keep the wizarding world from knowing the truth - including appointing Ministry official Dolores Umbridge as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts. When Umbridge refuses to teach practical defensive magic, Ron and Hermione convince Harry to secretly train a select group of students for the wizarding war that lies ahead. A terrifying showdown between good and evil awaits in this enthralling film version of the fifth novel in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. Prepare for battle!

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Release: July 11, 2007
Genre: Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Based On: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Writer: Michael Goldenberg
Director: David Yates
Music By: Nicholas Hooper & John Williams
Produced By: David Heyman & David Barron
Distributed By: Warner Brothers
Run Time: 134 minutes

I love the Harry Potter books and movies (who doesn’t?!) so much and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is no exception. I still thought it was a little crammed and rushed though. There were tons of things that were left out but since I haven't read the book recently, it wasn't really that fresh in my mind so I didn’t really miss too many of the side plots in the book and was able to enjoy the movie a lot more.

My one pet peeve about the movie is; as I said above, it’s rushed. A lot of characters have minimal scenes (even Dumbledore) and I understand that they were trying to make it mostly about Harry and his emotions (friends, love, anger, etc.) but for heaven’s sake! In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I hope the make it a little longer and put an intermission in between or something.

With the way I’m talking it makes it sound like I really didn’t enjoy the film. I did! I really did! I cried like I did with the book, my stomach was clenched up in a knot for half of the time, and the movie was just plain cool. The visual effects alone are worth the price of admission (as usual). I’m truly looking forward to watching this on DVD and seeing what ended up on the cutting room floor.

Find HP&The Order of the Phoenix
Official Site
Imdb.com
Wikipedia

Trailer:


Emma Watson Interview:



Rupert Grint Interview:



Daniel Radcliffe Interview:


Related Reviews
Richard Griffith- Uncle Vernon Dursley
Ballet Shoes (2007)- Great Uncle Matthew
Emma Watson- Hermione Granger
Ballet Shoes (2007)- Pauline Fossil
Robert Pattinson- Cedric Diggory
Twilight (2008)- Edward Cullen
Brendan Gleeson- Alastor 'Mad- Eye' Moody
Mission: Impossible II (2000)- John C. McCloy
Mark Williams- Arthur Weasley
101 Dalmatians (1996)- Horace
Alan Rickman- Severus Snape
Die Hard (1988)- Hans Gruber
Emma Thompson- Sybil Trelawney
I Am Legend (2007)- Dr. Alice Krippin
Treasure Planet (2002)- Captain Amelia
Helena Bonham Carter- Bellatrix Lestrange
Corpse Bride (2005)- Corpse Bride

1 comment:

  1. Aha! Finally caught this Saturday afternoon. It's been several years since I've read the book. Yes a lot was dropped, but man, oh, man this movie rocked. I LOVE these movies. So awesome. I need to go see it again. Blew me away. They softened up Dolores Umbridge's character a bit. Only thing I noticed.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog