Saturday, October 6, 2007

Against All Odds

Back in 1968 Walt Morey wrote a fabulous little novel for children called Kävik the Wolf Dog but it wasn’t until 1980 that someone realized just how wonderful the book was and made it into a TV movie. I first read the book when I was about 10 years old and immediately fell in love with it but I never actually knew that it was made into a film until recently!

I know most people get pretty upset when a movie based on a book they’ve read and loved makes changes but for some reason I never really do. I get disappointed sometimes sure, but never enough to walk away from the film. Of course there were a few changes in the Kävik movie but for the most part it followed Morey’s original work quite nicely.

There was however, two little things that annoyed me: one Kävik is supposed to have wolf in him but the dog used just looked like a lot like a German Shepherd. It took me a little while to get used to that but I eventually did. The other thing that bugged me as how much they said the poor critter’s name! Kävik, Kävik, Kävik. I lost count after it was said 20 times. Other than those two little nit-picky items, this film was great! Not as awe-inspiring as the book but still worth a watch.

~ I also have a review for the book which I read for the
Four-Legged Friends Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog