Saturday, October 6, 2007

All Bets Are Off in the Last Chapter

Scream 3 is (so far at least) the closing chapter in the Scream trilogy. This was my least favorite of the Scream films but that’s not to say that it wasn’t still good! Just more "Hollywood" than the first two. There also wasn’t many references to real horror movies this time around and less of that wonderful tongue-in-cheek mockery that the first two had. Needless to say, you won’t get many laughs in this Scream... well unless you’re laughing at Courtney Cox’s haircut that is.

This is also one of the only Screams’ that I haven’t seen a billion times (although I did see it in theater when it first came out in 2000) so when I recently re-watched it I was very surprised that one of the main cops in the movie was none other than Patrick Dempsey! He’s still just as McDreamy now as he was back then.

I have heard that several people enjoyed Scream 3 but I’m just not one of them. It’s not that it became practically what the Scream movies spoofed in the first place (which it did) nor is it the fact that the original writer Kevin Williamson had to drop out of the film and pass it on to Ehren Kruger. It’s just that there were too many people to try to keep track of which led to not really knowing or caring about the people that died. Don’t get me wrong, there were some fabulous performances but just not enough time was allowed for them to really build their characters.

Scream
Scream 3

Trailer:


Wes Craven Interview (sorry the tracking is off):


What If by Creed Music Video:


Related Review
The Curve (Aka Dead Man's Curve) (1998)
Liev Schrieber
Salt (2010)

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. You are right, Courtney Cox's haircut was awful!

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog