Sunday, October 21, 2007

Full of Pumpkin Spirit!

I read Ray Bradbury’s The Halloween Tree recently because it was the October group read at my online reading group Children’s Books of Yesterday and really enjoyed it (even if I sometimes found it difficult). So you can imagine how happy I was when I found out it was made into an animated film. I can’t believe I had never seen it before. It even won an Emmy (for Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program)!

I thought the movie was almost as good as the book and unlike the book, it was aimed totally at kids. I thought the film translated the core feeling of the book well without going into too much detail or leaving out too much either. The only thing I didn’t care too much for was that Tom wasn’t as likeable as he was in
Bradbury’s book. Speaking of which, Ray Bradbury was the narrator and he did such a wonderful job. I did love the instrumental music though.

If you want to watch a unique kid-friendly Halloween movie The Halloween Tree is a perfect film to curl up and watch on the spookiest of nights with the whole family... even the little kiddies! Who knows? Maybe you’ll be as entertained as I was and learn something too!

Complete Film:


Related Reviews
The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

4 comments:

  1. I'm even more excited than I was before about reading this one now! There's nothing I love more than Halloween movies and cartoons, so I can't wait to watch this one after reading the book! And that's incredible that it's narrated by Bradbury himself. Thanks for letting us know about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack - I just went over to Netflix to put The Halloween Tree in our queue, but they don't seem to own it. Can you believe that? My copy of the book finally came in today at the library, and I'm looking forward to rereading it. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I watch The Halloween Tree almost every Halloween. How cool that it is a book. I never even thought about looking it up! Off to the bookstore to see if they have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    There's Halloween Tree on youtube anymore, help ((((

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog