Friday, October 26, 2007

This is Going to Get Ugly...

Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble . . . until now.

A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, claiming victims across society, and the resulting terror ignites a vicious Inderland gang war. And while the ancient artifact Rachel is hiding may be the key to stopping the murderer, revealing it could also create a battle to the death among the numerous supernatural races that live in and around Cincinnati.

For every action has its price, and when the vampire master Piscary is set free and the demonic Algaliarept dares to walk openly under the sun, even Rachel Morgan can't hide forever.


Rachel Morgan and the gang are back in the Hollows again in
Kim Harrison’s latest book For a Few Demons More and as usual Ms. Adrenaline Junkie is up to her eyeballs in trouble (although to be fair it’s not really her fault)! This is the darkest and most dangerous adventure yet out of all five of the books in the series and by the end I felt utterly betrayed.

I always enjoy Mrs. Morgan’s books and not just because they’re exciting, fast-paced, and really cool either. I just enjoy the characters, magic, and the drama in each story. Ivy, Rachel, and especially Jenks are people that I really wish I could know in real life but I wouldn’t like to live in their world and not just because I like ketchup either.

It feels so odd to say this about a book with Rachel Morgan and the gang
in it but I didn’t really like A Few Demons More. It was cool, there was plenty of action, suspense, mystery, even a little romance but because I love the characters so much it was really hard on me to watch them go through all the messy stuff.

All that aside, I felt like this book let me down. I cried when it was over and I’m still kind of in shock because of the awful ending, although I guess that just makes Harrison’s book even more powerful to provoke that kind of response. In each of the stories there’s at least a little light in the dark but in this it was almost all doom and gloom. Plus, the book ended on a kind of cliffhanger. Maybe I just don’t like change and believe me, things are changing fast in the Hollows and not always for the better.

The Rachel Morgan Hollows Series:
1. Dead Witch Walking (2004)
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (2005)
aka Where Demons Dare
7. White Witch, Black Curse (2009)
8. Black Magic Sanction (2010

Anthology
Dates from Hell (2006)

~I’ve said it before and I will say it again, you can’t fully enjoy the Hollows series if you don’t read them in order. This is especially true in A Few Demons More because it relies heavily on previous novels like A Fistful of Charms a lot.

There is an audio podcast author interview over on
I Should Be Writing and another one from Barnes and Noble Meet the Writers about A Few Demons More.

Reminder: The pictures above are links to more interviews and information.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry this one disappointed you. You sure have me curious though! I really will get around to reading this series one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished this and am working on my review. I'm glad you warned me so I was prepared for the worst! I was almost relieved at the end that it wasn't worse than it could have been, but jeez, that was sad. :-( Still, I did enjoy it and I'm glad we don't have too long to wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog