Thursday, October 25, 2007

Adrenaline Junkie on the Loose!

The evil night things that prowl Cincinnati despise witch and bounty hunter Rachel Morgan. Her new reputation for the dark arts is turning human and undead heads alike with the intent to possess, bed, and kill her – not necessarily in that order.

Now a mortal lover who abandoned Rachel has returned, haunted by his secret past. And there are those who covet what Nick possesses – savage beasts willing to destroy the Hollows and everyone in it if necessary.

Forced to keep a low profile or eternally suffer the wrath of a vengeful demon, Rachel must nevertheless act quickly. For the pack is gathering for the first time in a millennia to ravage and rule. And suddenly more than Rachel’s soul is a stake.


The fourth book in
Kim Harrison’s wonderful Hollows series (or Rachel Morgan series) is called A Fistful of Charms. I loved it! The books are getting a bit darker and the characters a little more complex though. Actually in a few places, some characters seem like they are changing completely but I haven’t decided if it’s for the better or not!

I did love the fact that the whole gang was able to get out of Cincinnati for a little while and the fact that they got to kick major butt was even better. The change of scene made the story even more interesting and I’m glad that Jenks is back and better than ever. I missed him in Every Which Way But Dead.

In my opinion, this is the best book of the series so far. I just hope that Harrison can top this! I can’t say that I envy Rachel (well except for her boyfriend Kistin whom I think there wasn’t enough of in this one) but I can say without a doubt that when I pick up one of her books, I’m in for several hours worth of an action-packed adventure.

The Rachel Morgan (Hollows) Series:
1. Dead Witch Walking (2004)
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (2005)
3. Every Which Way But Dead (2005)
4. A Fistful of Charms (2006)
5. For a Few Demons More (2007)
6. The Outlaw Demon Wails (2008)
aka Where Demons Dare
7. White Witch, Black Curse (2009)
8. Black Magic Sanction (2010

Anthology
Dates from Hell (2006)

Links: Kim Harrison (Wikipedia) & The Hollows (Wikipedia)

Interviews: Media Blvd (about Fistful of Charms), Shaun Ferrell

I suppose each of the Hollows books can be read independently but I really suggest that they’re read in order because for me they just don’t work well without the back stories behind various characters. Just about everyone pops back up in the books once they’ve been written in at some point anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't realized just how many books in this series there are already! I bought a copy of the first book when it first hit stores (and yeah, I still haven't read it--shame, shame).

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog