Friday, October 12, 2007

Come Stay the Night in Rocksylvania

I’ve actually never been that big of a fan of the Flintstones but I’m crazy about TV holiday specials so when I heard about The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone I just had to see it! It amazes me how timeless the Flintstone cartoons actually are. This Halloween special was produced in 1979 but it’s still very appealing and I found myself laughing more than a couple of times (although Betty’s voice kind of bugged me because it just doesn’t sound right).

As you can tell from the play on words, the Flintstones and the Rubbles get to meet Count Rockula (Dracula) and Frankenstone (Frankenstein of course). There are tons of chase scenes and of course that wonderful wry humor that made the original show so popular in the first place.

I’m not going to lie to you, there are a few roll-your-eyes predictable scenes but for the most part I was entertained. I won’t say I would run right out and buy this if it finally became available on DVD (unless there are some seriously interesting bonus features!) but I was more than willing to watch it online.

~ AOL has posted this entire
Halloween special on their In2TV channel.

5 comments:

  1. Tink,

    I gotta say I lost a little respect for ya when you said you weren't a big Flintstones fan! The Flintstones are my all-time favorites...an equal tie with Mickey Mouse!

    This is a great special though! I have it on tape! The Frankenstone family was later neighbors of the Flintstones on Saturday Morning episodes of The Flintstone Comedy Hour.

    We should talk about doing some holiday video trades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of these holiday specials I'm finding on YouTube and AOL etc. I think I own one or two somewhere but I haven't got the slightest clue where!

    Sorry! The Flintstones have never been something I went out of my way to watch. Don't get me wrong, they can be entertaining I just have to be in the mood to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find! I haven't seen this one in years! I love watching Halloween specials of regular tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I used to have this one on VHS when I was a little kid :) I love holiday specials too and Halloween ones are some of my favs. Glad you enjoyed it! Your review brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone was an entertaining Halloween TV special! At least it's 100% much better than the trailer-park trash we have on TV today !

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog