Friday, January 16, 2009

An Adventure Beyond the Ordinar-E

The highly acclaimed director of Finding Nemo and the creative storytellers behind Cars and Ratatouille transport you to a galaxy not so far away for a new cosmic comedy adventure about a determined robot named WALL-E.

After hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, the curious and lovable WALL-E discovers a new purpose in life when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. Join them and a hilarious cast of characters on a fantastic journey across the universe.

Title: Wall-E
Release: June 27, 2008
Genre: Computer Animation
MPAA Rating: G
Writer: Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon, & Pete Docter
Director: Andrew Stanton
Music By: Thomas Newman & Peter Gabriel
Produced By: Jim Morris, Lindsey Collins, & John Lasseter
Distributed By: Walt Disney Pictures & Pixar Animation Studios
Run Time: 98 minutes
Official Site (USA)
Official Site (UK)

Pixar films tend to capture a lot of charm with their humanized cars, monsters, rats, ants, and toys but they may have outdone themselves with their newest film about a robot in love: Wall-E. Directed by the Oscar winning Andrew Stanton, this film is on many lists for Academy Award predictions this year after winning the Golden Globe for Best Animated Film. It was also one of the top ten films of 2008.

What I loved about the film was Wall-E. He's just so darn cute, kind of like a robot ET. I was amazed to discover that the creators of the film worked with NASA scientists to create all of these life-like robots too. The people who haven't seen Wall-E yet are definitely missing out on a good film. There are some environmental theme undertones but it doesn't preach at you. Actually, the main plot is just about two robots that fall in love- the fact that it's set more than 700 years in the future and humankind abandoned the planet that they destroyed with trash is just the back-story.

If I had to pick one part of the film that I just adore it would be Wall-E demonstrating a scene from Hello, Dolly, which is a musical from 1969 starring Barbara Streisand and directed by Gene Kelly. It's one of my favorite musicals and I can't help but be pleased that because of this film more people have become aware of it again. It parallels the film perfectly in a way and the retro music in the futuristic setting was an ideal match too.

Links: Imdb.com, Wikipedia, Reelzchannel, The Art of Wall-E, A Look Inside the Making Of, Making Burn-E (Animated Views), Guide to the Characters



Trailer:


A Space Journey in Sound:


Complete Vignettes:

10 comments:

  1. I love this movie lol... they didn't forget to show that Roaches will live on thru any devestation! lol.. but mostly WallE was just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this too. My favourite Pixar is still Nemo, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this movie. It was so well done, wall-e and eve-a were soooo cute. I like that he watched Hello Dolly! Thats a favorite of mine too.
    great review ;)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. DesLily: Yeah, I remember laughing when they said that earth was uninhabitable but yet there was his pet roach crawling around!

    Nymeth: I enjoyed both Nemo and Wall-E but I think Toy Story is my favorite.

    Naida: Thank you! I'll probably be watching and reviewing Hello, Dolly! soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tink!
    Glad to see ya back on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one, but I should. I love Pixar films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My girls love this movie. I like it too and was not bothered in the least by the environmental and epidemic of obesity messages that I've heard a ton of people complain about. At my house, we just thought it was cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful movie! I'm sad that I've only seen it once. It's amazing how life-like those robots are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bermudaonion: You really should! It was excellent.

    Mo: I know a lot of people were turned off by even the concept and refused to see it because of that. I really loved it though.

    Grace Kelly: Agreed! I have also only seen it once but I plan to remedy that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wall-E is such a sweet movie! My kids and I loved it! I heard someone say once that only Pixar could make a theater full of New Yorkers gasp when a cockroach gets squished.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog