Friday, September 14, 2007

How Much Pressure Till You Break?

Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling star in the dramatic thriller Fracture. When a meticulous structural engineer (Hopkins) is found innocent of the attempted murder of his wife (Embeth Davidtz), the young district attorney (Gosling) who is prosecuting him becomes a crusader for justice. Fracture is packed with twists and turns that weave in and out of the courtroom as the pair try to outwit each other. The film features an outstanding supporting cast that includes Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn (Good Night, and Good Luck) and Rosamund Pike (Pride & Prejudice), is directed by Gregory Hoblit (Primal Fear), and written by Daniel Pyne (The Sum of All Fears, The Manchurian Candidate) and Glenn Gers.

Title: Fracture
Release: April 20, 2007
Genre: Suspense Thriller- Crime/Drama
MPAA Rating: R
Writer: Glenn Gers & Daniel Pyne
Director: Gregory Hoblit
Music By: Jeff Danna & Mychael Danna
Produced By: Gregory Hoblit
Distributed By: New Line Cinema
Run Time: 113 minutes

The trailer for Fracture looked so cool that I could hardly wait to see it. I never did get around to watching it in the theater but you’d better believe I snatched up a copy the day it came out on DVD! I almost wish I hadn’t waited so long because it is a great addition to the mystery thriller genre.

The film did remind me of some of my favorite crime TV shows like the CSI’s and the Law and Orders but it’s still really interesting and entertaining all by itself. I’ve heard that the director, (Gregory Hoblit) has called the film a “grainy popcorn thriller” but I’m not sure whether I should agree or disagree. I actually thought that it was smart, sophisticated, and had a bit of wry humor thrown in as well.

Being that I’m a huge Anthony Hopkins fan (Ryan Gosling isn’t that bad either), I had a hard time disliking his character Ted Crawford. He was smart, he was egotistical, but at the same time he was a ruthless killer. Hopkins is such a great actor that you almost want him to be able to get away with what he’s done…. or supposedly done (innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz).

~ The DVD is very skimpy on the bonus features with only a few deleted scenes (which were pretty boring) and two alternate endings that; although interesting, looked almost alike.

Find Fracture Online
Official Site

Interviews
Ryan Gosling

Trailer:


Premiere:


Hollywood.com Premiere:


Ryan Gosling Interview:


Movie Prop Featurette:

Related Reviews
Anthony Hopkins- Ted Crawford
Mission: Impossible II (2000)- Mission Commander Swanbeck
David Strathairn- DA Joe Lobruto
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)- Noah Vosen
Billy Burke- Lt. Robert 'Rob' Nunally
Twilight (2008)- Charlie Swan
Cliff Curtis- Detective Flores
Live Free or Die Hard (2007)- FBI Deputy Director Miguel Bowman
Fiona Shaw- Judge Robinson

2 comments:

  1. Why don't I remember hearing about this movie?? I'm going to add it to my netflix list right this second! Thanks for mentioning it. I am a fan of Anthony Hopkins also and your description of the movie being "smart, sophisticated, and had a bit of wry humor thrown in as well" is definitely my kind of thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! The movie was really good. Hopkins acting in this has been compared to his Hannibal Lecter performance.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM WILL BE TOLERATED!

Thank you so much for leaving me comments and coming by!

Don't forget to visit my other blog:
Up Close and Personal with LadyTink I'd love to hear your opinion or just "meet" you!

I do leave answers to your comments here.

Search This Blog